Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Stars

The deal with this journal: This'll hopefully be a place for me to post little snip-its and snapshots and maybe even some longer stories.  
**
Clearly I've been hanging around aeroastro people too much. 
**
Stars




                Phil dreams of stars at night.  He dreams of floating up through the atmosphere in his own personal space capsule and glancing down.  Glancing down until he sees earth- lovely and blue become a spec in the distance and then he’s set, content to explore.  He learns later that floating up in a capsule isn’t realistically how he’d see space.  There’d be rockets and shuttles and probably a whole crew of people going up there with him.  When people ask him why he’s doing it - he lies through his teeth: “I want to do the experiments physicists can’t do.”  When in reality all he wants to do is to be out there, amongst the stars- to be close to them, to feel the rush of being moments away from destruction.  

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mace, I really like this snippet. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Astrophysicists are a delight! I'm not one myself but know of some (okay, some fictional :-P)

    ReplyDelete